Swale Home Improvement AgencyHelping you live independently, safely and comfortably at home
What does it do?
- Odd jobs – such as replacing light bulbs, securing loose carpet or putting up shelves or flat-pack furniture
- Adaptations – provide and plastic or metal grab rails and external hand rails, we also offer a service for larger scale adaptations, such as fitting a level access shower
- Security – we fit window locks, security chains, doorbells and door bolts. We also supply and install key safes or replacement door locks.
Larger work or extensions
We provide a technical service to support with Disabled Facilities Grants.
This includes drawing plans, submitting planning and building regulation applications, obtaining quotes, overseeing work and ensuring work is completed to the required standard.
We can carry out the work or projects manage the contractors you choose.
Help and advice
- Support to prevent accidents at home
- Help with accessing benefits or grants to fund work
- Energy efficiency advice
- Safe Traders list – free access to our list of approved contractors to avoid rogue traders
Who it is for?
Where it is available?
What it costs:
Whether you own or rent your home, you may qualify for funding for some or all the work