Carers BreakSupport at home services
What does it do?
Support we can provide:
- Attending appointments or social activity – for example: Medical or other appointments including interviews, or social activity such as bowling, swimming or art classes
- Washing & Bathing – for example: assistance given to meet your individual needs.
- Palliative care – providing support to those who have life limiting conditions to improve quality of life for both the ‘cared for’ and their Carers.
- Support after Hospital discharge – we will support with you with your discharge by taking you home, making sure that you have enough supplies, the heating is on and take care of any personal care needs once home.
- Dressing – support could be in the morning or when you go to bed or when you attend swimming sessions or hospital appointments.
- Shopping – we can support you to carry out your shopping or do this on your behalf making sure that we carefully select the items you have chosen.
- Medication – if you require gentle reminders to take your medications or to administering this on your behalf.
- Domestic tasks – for example – washing and drying your laundry, changing your bedding, hovering and cleaning your bathroom.
- Companionship – staff will be with you to help you engage in activities that you want to get involved with, to reassure you or simply be there for you.
- ‘End of Life’ Care – and in the final stages we will support you to be comfortable providing practical and emotional support.
- Taking a break from your caring role – enabling you to have time for yourself whether to carry out general household tasks, attend an appointment or to have some quality ‘me’ time.
Who it is for?
Personal care at home
Where it is available?
Local service (Isles of Scilly, Kerrier, Caradon, Carrick, North Cornwall, Penwith, Restormel).
How to access or apply for it:
See contact details above
Info last updated:
Commercial Centre, Victoria Station Approach, Victoria, St. Austell, Cornwall, PL26 8LG