Haringey Home Sweet Homehelp and support of home owners and private tenants in Haringey
What does it do?
Our Home Sweet Home service offers free support to help older homeowners and private tenants in Haringey to stay in their own home.
By helping you choose the right support at the right time, our Home Sweet Home service can help you remain independent and stay in your own home. We want you to feel safe, secure and confident, so we tailor our service to your needs. Our fully trained care and support workers will work with you to identify what support is right for you, such as:
- helping you settle back at home after a stay in hospital
- accessing the right aids and adaptations
- helping you to maximise your income
- help to prevent you losing your home
- supporting you to access other services
- …and much more!
Who it is for?
You can apply for the service if you are over 60, living in Haringey and are a home owner, leaseholder or living in private rented or shared ownership accommodation.
Where it is available?
What it costs:
The service is funded by Haringey Council so you don’t have to pay a penny!
How to access or apply for it:
You can contact us directly on 020 3535 4760 or at email@example.com.
You can also ask someone else to contact us on your behalf, such as a GP, district nurse, ward manager, social worker, friends or family.
Other support for older people in Haringey
Our care and repair service provides a range of services for both homeowners and tenants, including:
- providing advice, guidance an project management for home improvements
- access to subsidised handyman and gardening services
- a multi-task membership scheme which costs just £30 a year.