Tim Cotton - Independent Financial Advice

Independent financial advice for older people and their families

What does it do?

I provide independent financial advice to older people and their families.

I do this in whichever way suits my client - in their home or at my office

My particular specialisms are:
  • Paying for care
  • Equity Release
  • Inheritance tax planning
  • Pensions
  • Savings and investments

Who it is for?

Older people and their families.

Where it is available?

Local service serving within 25km of DT118EF.

What it costs:

I charge a fee for my services, or fee and commission, and will provide a quotation before starting any chargeable work.
First hour of advice at advisers own expense

How to access or apply for it:

Please phone or email me, as above.

Additional information:

My membership of SOLLA, the Society of Later Life Advisers, means that I am accredited by the Society and bound by its Code of Best Practice.

A bit more about me

I have been helping clients to plan their finances as an independent financial adviser since 1999 and despite encountering most financial situations during that time, I am always inspired by the wide variety of challenges and opportunities my clients face.

Typically my clients are people planning for, and living through, retirement who want to make sure that the wealth they have saved during their working lives is used to its best advantage. Most people's first objective is to maintain or improve their standard of living but I also advise on estate planning and on ensuring that there are adequate funds in place to pay for medical or care expenses later in life.

I have worked at Money Wise Independent Financial Advisers since January 2010, where I am Head of Financial Planning and a member of the firm's Investment Committee.


Info last updated:

Upper Street Financial Planning Limited, Bartley House, Upper Street, Child Okeford, Dorset, DT11 8EF