Prevention MattersCommunity links scheme in Buckinghamshire
What does it do?
When all that’s needed is a little help to stay independent and active we can find ways to support you.
Our leading-edge prevention service changes the way we meet people’s needs. It is a complete and free advice service to help you before personal health or social problems become critical. Prevention Matters can help if you are:
- struggling to maintain your independence
- recovering from an illness
- unable to get out and about
- feeling lonely and isolated
- feeling anxious and lacking in self-confidence
Prevention Matters links local people to q whole range of ways to help support and connect them together by:
- finding ways to avoid being isolated
- taking steps to improve your health
- discovering opportunities to develop more interests
- restoring your confidence and being in control of the things you do
We also have a Volunteer Hub for people who have a bit of time to help others. Volunteers can earn time credits to use on activities available locally or nationwide (for example entrance to the Tower of London). Contact Community Impact Bucks on 0300 111 250 or go to their website to find out more.
Who it is for?
Vulnerable adults include older people, adults with disabilities, those with chronic health needs, and/or poor mental health.