Quayside

Extra care housing
Steamer Quay Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5AL
Steamer Quay Road, Totnes, Devon, TQ9 5AL

Click to enlarge or scroll

Manager's Description

"All rental properties in this scheme are allocated by the local council, so please apply directly to them. However if you have any further queries, please

do not hesitate to contact The Guinness Pa..." Show more
"All rental properties in this scheme are allocated by the local council, so please apply directly to them. However if you have any further queries, please

do not hesitate to contact The Guinness Partnership.

Quayside will offer a beautiful place to live along with a variety of facilities. These include an onsite café, meeting/activity rooms, hairdressing salon, spa assisted bathroom and landscaped communal gardens.

There will be a staff presence 24/7 comprising a Registered Manager, a Concierge and care staff. The Wellbeing service will ensure there is someone on site 24/7. This will provide night cover and staff to facilitate a range of daytime services, activities and events that support wellbeing and independence.

Quayside is a Shared Ownership and rental development. There aren’t any properties available to purchase outright.

If you wish to RENT a home at Quayside please contact South Hams Council. They'll help you register to join the Devon Home Choice waiting list.

You can buy using our Shared Ownership scheme. Shared Ownership works here by purchasing 75% of the property and Guinness will retain ownership in the remaining 25%. There is no rent to pay on the remaining 25% - you just pay a service charge for the communal facilities and the upkeep of the grounds and buildings. The homes will be leasehold and have a 125 year lease." Show less

Main Facts

Extra care housing
Tenure(s): Shared Ownership and Rent (social landlord)
Care provider: Guinness Care
60 flats. Built in 2017. Sizes 1 bedroom, 2 bedroom.
Extra Care scheme with on-site care staff (24 hours / 7 days), Non-resident management staff (24 hours) and Careline alarm service
Lift, Lounge, Garden, Activities room, Cafe, Hairdressing salon, expansive terrace with views to the river, parking facilities, reception foyer
Distances: bus stop 0.2 mile(s); post office 0.6 mile(s); town centre 0.6 mile(s); GP 0.6 mile(s).
Meal(s) available. New residents accepted from 55 years of age.
Housing Authority: South Hams
Social Care Authority: Devon
Architects: Mitchell Architects
Cost: (75% shares available).

Info updated: 20/10/2017
If you are the manager of Quayside and want to update your information, please click here.

Availability

Check with The Guinness Partnership - none notified to EAC - Advertise vacancies / sales.

Comments made in nominations for the EAC National Housing for Older People Awards

"Here at Quayside we value our customers who not only live here but also visit.We strive to enhance our customers lives here with independence, health ..." Show more
"Here at Quayside we value our customers who not only live here but also visit.We strive to enhance our customers lives here with independence, health and wellbeing encouraging social activities run by staff.We offer all areas of care packages to customers by local authority and private. We truly do care." Show less

Made by a staff member in 2019

"Beautiful new independent living complex for over 55's, in picturesque South Devon, Hairdressers and Bistro on site, close to town, local bus does a ..." Show more
"Beautiful new independent living complex for over 55's, in picturesque South Devon, Hairdressers and Bistro on site, close to town, local bus does a pick up and drop off at bottom of driveway for when our clients want to go into town, well lead and happy place " Show less

Made by a staff member in 2019

"Great place to work with great customer service in assisted living"
Made by a staff member in 2019

"Quayside is a fantastic light and airy building, it has the look of a hotel with the kindness of a brilliant care team on site. We're here 24/7 to loo..." Show more
"Quayside is a fantastic light and airy building, it has the look of a hotel with the kindness of a brilliant care team on site. We're here 24/7 to look after our customers to ensure they remain safe and well in their retirement." Show less

Made by a staff member in 2019
Street view
Map view